Sunday 12 June 2011

Krabi and Ko Phi-Phi

Sunday 5 June: Two nights at the delightful Chen Chay Lay guesthouse in Krabi is all I need to recharge my batteries. I finish reading Mike Parker's book Map Addict. It's mostly about Ordnance Survey maps but he does mention several people I know in the mapping business - he can't be much of an addict as he spells Bridgwater wrong on page 282.
Tuesday 7: Ferry to Ko Phi-Phi Don, one of my favourite islands in the Andaman Sea, then on to Phuket for a comfortable night in Talang Guesthouse in the surprisingly appealing old part of the town. I wish I could stay longer but I need to get to Bangkok to get Chinese and Russian visas for the journey home so, bus to Surat Thani (5hrs), second-class sleeper to Bangkok (16hrs).

Photos of Krabi and Ko Phi-Phi.

No comments:

Post a Comment