Tuesday 20 March 2012

Phnom Penh

Friday 13 March: Reluctantly I return to the capital city, Phnom Penh. I need a Thailand visa so I cycle south, along Norodom Blvd, to the Thai embassy. Last time I was here it was free but now it's $40 for a two-month tourist visa plus a four-day wait, so I'll pick it up next Wednesday.
Saturday 10: A quick cycle around the city - newly painted, green and white, train station (but no trains yet), hilltop Wat Phnom and the yellow and white domed Psar Thmei or central market in the heart of the city.
Royal Guesthouse on 154 Street is my usual choice - large, clean en-suite on 5th floor
($7) with TV and free wifi downstairs in their good cafe, try the pork steak with mash for a taste of home.

A few photos of Phnom Penh now and photos of more Phnom Penh sights from 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment