Monday 16 January 2012

Thailand: Bangkok

Wednesday 11 January: Wearing shorts and sandals it's great to be warm again and back in the comfort of Tuptim B&B in Soi Rambuttri, Bangkok. It's noisy at night but spotlessly clean and a good deal at 300 Bhat (around £6) for a light and airy fan room, including a light breakfast and free Wifi. I'm enjoying a pork steak (50Bt) and a big Chang beer (44Bt) at Mr Yim's in the north part of Rambuttri (what an unfortunate translation) and then heading back to Tuptim. Musicians play and sing in the restaurants nearby with John Denver songs being particularly popular. Mixed foreign and Thai couples sing along to the choruses, some more enthusiastically than others . . .

So kiss me and smile for me,
Tell me that you'll wait for me,
Hold me like you never let me go.
'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane,
Don't know when I'll be back again.
Oh babe, I hate to go.


Sunday 15: All my boxes are ticked, laundry done (20Bt per kilo), teeth cleaned and polished (700Bt), haircut and shave (100Bt), silk boxer shorts (four pairs, 100Bt), traditional Thai massage (150Bt), guidebook (250Bt), mosquito coils and repellant (108Bt), Inland Revenue tax paid (don't ask), cold weather gear stored (10Bt per day), so I'm heading south to see some temples.
My photos of Bangkok from August and September 2010, and, those from January and June 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment