Friday 21 May 2010

Kathmandu revisited

Wednesday 19 May: Three hectic days of blog updating, checking Foreign Office and other e-mails, laundering and mending trekking gear. The tee-shirt tailor stitching my clothes also embroiders an 'Om' symbol on one leg of my trousers, his trademark, - he's very quick and skillful.
I confirm my individual 'group' visa for China, Tibet permit, Lhasa overland bus seat, onward soft sleeper reservation from Lhasa to Chengdu and change my Nepalese Rupees and a few US dollars into Renmnbi - 'the people's money' which comes in 1, 2, 5, 10, 50 and 100 Yuan banknotes. I also visit the well appointed CIWEC Travel Medical Centre, opposite the British Embassy, to get a Hepatitis B shot which will boost my antibodies for at least another five years.
A coke at Rum Doodle bar and then a final dhal bhatt - it's an early morning start for the China border.
Kathmandu revisited pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment