Wednesday 29 February 2012

Phuket Town

Wednesday 15 February: Phuket town has a lot of old-world charm, mostly pastel shaded Sino-Portuguese shop houses, studded with Chinese shrines which add a splash of bright colour. I like the place and I'd stay longer if I had a cool room in the teak-built Thalang Guesthouse, but it's full and I'm directed to their sister establishment, Dibuk Guesthouse. My room looks delightful, so I dump my gear and head to Wat Chalong, Phuket's picturesque Buddhist temple, a short pick-up ride away. In the evening Downtown restaurant serves up a great deal but later I soon realise that my fan room has been designed for air-conditioning (the window's don't open) so I doze fitfully in a fan-assisted sweat box, a bit like sleeping under a hair-dryer hood, awful.
Photos of Phuket.

No comments:

Post a Comment