Thursday 7 April 2011

Manly

Thursday 24 March: This is going to be a walking day so from Sydney's Circular Quay I board the regular commuter ferry to Manly Wharf then head north to Queenscliff and down to the pretty bay at Freshwater. From here I navigate west along Manly Lagoon to Spit Bridge before taking the Manly Scenic Walkway, through Sydney National Park and past Dobroyd Head, hoping to be back in Manly before dark. It's a great walk but as dusk falls I'm still 5-miles short of my destination and the dark woodland is rustling with nocturnal creatures hungry for food - visions of excruciatingly painful deaths enter my mind. First I photograph a Long-nosed Dragon which instead of running away turns round and tries to attack me. Then a Tawny Frogmouth, rock-still on a post, brushes my arm - the bushes are now alive - bugger photography - I'm off at pace, relieved to reach the streetlights of Manly intact.
Photos of Manly.

No comments:

Post a Comment