Friday 29 June 2012

London & SE England

London (2) by DavetreksSunday 20 May: It's a grey Sunday in London and I have little to do until Monday so I visit some old haunts in Wimbledon. At the Thai temple on Wimbledon Common they are giving away free lunches but if I eat any more noodle dishes I think I'll scream.
Thursday 24: The week has been sunny and my check list is almost complete: financial advisor, new watch, yellow fever and typhoid vaccinations, anti-malaria pills, new guide books and dinner with my old mucker Andy. Now I'm free to visit friends and family before flying off again.
Friday 25: Southwest to Southampton for a pleasant day with cousins John & Blanche.
Saturday 26: North via Oxford to Robin & Debbie's for another entertaining evening in Bicestor.
Sunday 27: East to Bishop's Stortford and an enjoyable canalside day with Stef & Dudley who I've not seen for a while, it's still at the back of my mind to buy a narrowboat. 
Monday 28: While in central London I visited a small quirky office at the rear of Christ Church in Blackfriars Bridge Road, Southwark. This is the London home of the Confraternity of St James where advice can be sought and guides bought to the pilgrimage walk of the Camino de Santiago or The Way of St James. So this morning, thanks to a lift from Stef, I'm sitting at Stansted airport awaiting my flight to Biarritz, on the slopes of the Pyrenees, western France.
Photos of London & SE England.

No comments:

Post a Comment